Edina Realty is a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate and a wholly-owned subsidiary of HomeServices of America, Inc. It is one of the nation’s largest real estate companies with more than 75 real estate offices and nearly 2,300 REALTORS® throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Edina Realty's family of companies includes Edina Realty, Edina Realty Title, Edina Realty Insurance and Edina Realty Mortgage. Edina Realty also has a marketing relationship with HSA Warranty. Edina Realty closed nearly 30,000 real estate transactions and $10.8 billion in sales volume in 2021. Edina Realty was recognized as a Star Tribune Top Workplace in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
In early 2022, Edina Realty announced its expansion into South Dakota with the acquisition of Hegg Realtors, the top real estate company in that state, headquartered in Sioux Falls. In 2021, Hegg Realtors had $1.22 billion in sales volume and nearly 4,000 units sold. Hegg Realtors has more than 200 agents across the state, with offices in Sioux Falls and Rapid City.
Vision and mission
The Edina Realty family of companies is committed to delivering a superior customer experience throughout the process of buying, selling and homeownership.
We set the standard of professional service in our industry through our tradition of honesty, integrity, commitment, innovation and community as we help our customers achieve the American dream of homeownership.
By Emma Rovick in 1955
6800 France Ave. S., Suite 600
Edina, MN 55435
- Greg Mason, President and CEO, Edina Realty Home Services
- Sharry Schmid, President, Edina Realty
- Joe Brown, President Edina Realty Mortgage
- Brad Fisher, President, Edina Realty Title
Number of locations
More than 75 offices throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin
Number of sales associates
More than 2,300
Number of employees
|Year||Annual Sales||Annual Transactions||Twin Cities Average Home Price|
|1961||$8 million||463||1965: $19,023*|
|1971||$53 million||1,974||1975: $38,095*|
|1981||$343 million||4,275||1985: $87,789*|
|1992||$2.9 billion||26,575||1995: $117,053|
Average Home Price Data provided by the Minneapolis Area Association of REALTORS®
*Includes listings only for Minneapolis
Family of companies
- Edina Realty Home Services – A full service real estate company offering real estate, mortgage, title, relocation, warranty, insurance and much more.
- Edina Realty – Founded in 1955, Edina Realty is the leading real estate company in the region.
- Edina Realty Title – Founded in 1986, Edina Realty Title is Minnesota’s largest residential full-service title company. It offers a complete menu of title services, including abstracting, title insurance, property reports, mortgage closings and new construction services. Edina Realty Title has 21 closing centers across Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- Edina Realty Mortgage – For more than 35 years, Edina Realty Mortgage has been a local lender committed to helping consumers find the home financing that fits their needs. They offer a wide range of home financing programs and products including conventional conforming loans, FHA and VA loans, larger loan amounts, investment property financing and renovation loans. Edina Realty Mortgage is part of HomeServices Lending, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of HomeServices of America, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Affiliate.
- Edina Realty Insurance – Edina Realty Insurance works with many A-rated carriers including Travelers, Safeco, Chubb and Allied to ensure you get access to the right coverage to fit your insurance needs at the lowest possible price. Offering: Homeowners; condominiums/townhomes/renters; automobile; investment properties; flood insurance; boats/jet skis/wave runners
Specialty divisions, products and services
- Edina Realty Corporate Services - Edina Realty Corporate Services works directly with banks, mortgage servicers, asset management companies and vendors to meet their unique real estate needs, including short sales and REOs. Corporate Services handles third party companies or corporate relocations, which includes every aspect of the transferring process.
- Edina Realty Warranties – Inspection and/or warranty products for homeowners, sellers and buyers.
- Exceptional Properties – A network of Realtors with special expertise in buying and selling upper-bracket properties ($750,000+).
- New Construction Division (Builder Resource Group) – Specialists to help find the right architect, builder, site and financing for new home development.
- Lakeshore and Outdoors – Realtors specializing in second homes, cabins and lakeshore properties.
- EdinaRealty.com – Enables web users to search nearly all MLS listings, including foreclosure and lender-owned properties, with advanced functions, tools and information for buying, selling and maintaining a home. The site allows visitors to request a time to view a property, find out when a property comes on the market, apply for a mortgage, find out how much homes sold for, and much more. It reaches an average of nearly 1 million unique visitors each month and attracts more than two million monthly visits.
- EdinaRealty.com mobile applications for iOS and Android – Utilize your device's GPS to find homes for sale, open houses, recently sold homes near you, commute times and more.
- Sell My Home – Allows sellers to view details, including web stats, marketing and more, about the sale of their home.
- ProKIT Business Manager and Agent Dashboard – This exclusive complete online real estate resource for Edina Realty agents provides up-to-the-minute transactional information, access to Edina Realty’s wealth of technology tools and marketing resources, current industry and related news, training tips and a calendar of events, and much more. In short, ProKIT is a comprehensive set of professional tools to help our Realtors build and manage their business.
- Edina University – Edina Realty’s Realtor training programs and webinars are available for new agents, seasoned agents, and agents wishing to learn about everything from short sales to social media marketing strategies.
- HomeDocs™ – Online storage of real estate transaction documents through a secure, password-protected website.
- Customer Care - Connect with an Edina Realty customer care representative via phone, email or chat seven days a week.
- Education and Development — There simply is no Edina Realty without successful Edina Realty agents. Camps, classes, webinars, coaching, training and online resources are offered on a continual basis.
- Emma, your digital real estate — Emma helps Edina Realty agents stay organized create marketing materials and streamline workflows so they can focus on their clients.
- MyAtlas™ at Edina Realty – a first-of-its kind tool that allows clients to view key milestones of their transaction and stay connected to their team of Edina Realty advisors
- QuickBuy – a program that allows Edina Realty agents to present local home sellers with an “instant” iBuy offer for their home and lock that offer in place for up to 150 days
- NetworkONE - An online, seller-driven pre-marketing listings network to give clients a premarket advantage
Edina Realty Realtors specialize in a variety of areas from first-time homebuyers to short sale transactions, new construction to “green” construction, and everything in between.
Community involvement and corporate giving
Created in 1996, the Edina Realty Foundation was conceived by a group of Realtors and employees who expressed interest in Edina Realty and its affiliate companies, focusing their charitable dollars supporting the homeless and homelessness prevention in the communities they serve.
The Edina Realty Foundation is a not-for-profit, private foundation supported by the sales and employee partners and corporations of Edina Realty Home Services. It offers financial support to organizations that provide housing and related services to the homeless in the markets the companies serve. Since 1996, the Foundation has raised more than $10 million to help meet the needs of the homeless in those markets.
In 2019, the Edina Realty Foundation partnered with the Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans (MACV) to establish two Edina Realty Foundation Homes for Veterans. Funds from the Foundation were used to rehab two homes so several homeless Veterans now have a place to call home.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion efforts
We believe inclusion builds stronger communities and stronger business. Edina Realty’s Diversity and Inclusion Team (DIT) of Realtors and employees actively seeks ways to bridge gaps in our communities with the following vision and mission: The Diversity and Inclusion Team fosters and showcases a superior work environment and a comprehensive set of professional standards. We focus on inclusion of all individuals and perspectives in everything we do. Our mission is to assure inclusion in our planning, our thinking and in our interactions with each other and our communities.
Key areas of focus:
- Recruit and retain a more diverse team of agents, employees and corporate leadership
- Serve and work for our many diverse communities and customers
- Provide homeownership education and services to everyone
DIT has helped Edina Realty offer a more diverse and inclusive set of marketing materials, including a Spanish website tailored to our Spanish-speaking clients, and a set of diverse holiday greeting postcards and social media templates. Edina Realty’s DIT leadership has also been instrumental in the creation and expansion of Just Deeds, an organization that seeks to eliminate racially restrictive language from property deeds.
This team meets regularly to facilitate agent and employee education opportunities, community needs, sponsorship and involvement in community events, and ways to reach underserved areas within the Minnesota and western Wisconsin housing market.